(GOLF) CART RULES
Golf cart (CART) accidents are a leading cause of lawsuits stemming from accidents and injuries. Operating a cart on Naples KOA property is a privilege and can / will be revoked if the following list of rules are not followed.
1. All carts will be inspected for proper equipment. Each cart must have operational headlight, rear taillight, brakes, roof, windshield and, MUST be electric.
2. Gasoline-powered carts are not allowed per our insurance company. Gasoline stored on-site is not permitted due to exposure from possible explosion, fire, or spills.
3. The owner’s campsite number must be displayed on the front and rear of the cart in three-inch easy-to-read letters. Do not operate your cart without it being numbered.
4. Cart owners are required to provide proof of liability insurance coverage on their cart. A copy of which will be kept on file. DO NOT ride your cart until proof of insurance is on file at the Office.
5. Pedestrians always have the right-of-way. Always!
6. Cart owners are responsible for any drivers they allow to operate their cart as if it were themselves. Please give a copy of these rules to anyone driving your cart. All penalties / ramifications will go to cart owner.
7. Cart owners are responsible for any personal injury or property damage caused by their cart. Naples KOA assumes no liability for accidents, misuse, theft, damage, injury, or any other occurrence or mishap arising from cart operation on park property.
8. Carts may NOT be operated by unlicensed drivers. Children under 16 years of age shall NOT operate carts at any time on park premises. Cart privileges for any owner will be revoked if anyone without a license drives your cart - whether you gave them permission or not. To prevent unauthorized use of your cart, remove the keys between use. For liability reasons and for identification, anyone operating a cart MUST HAVE their license with them while on the cart.
9. Everyone MUST be seated and never allowed to stand on the cart while the cart is in motion. All cart occupants shall keep hands, arms, legs, and feet within the confines of the cart when it is in motion. Never back up without making sure there is no person or obstructions behind the cart. Carts may NOT carry more than the number of passengers for which they were designed.
10. Cart operation is limited to use on established graveled campground roads. Stay OFF the grass. Drive in designated areas only. Do NOT short-cut across grassy areas or other campsites. Stay on premises. DO NOT use the carts on the main road (Rt 114) and DO NOT go to Loon’s Haven (campground next door)
11. Carts must NOT be parked in a manner which interferes with vehicle or pedestrian traffic.
12. OPEN DISPLAY OR USE OF ALCOHOL ON CART IS NOT ALLOWED! Wait ‘till you get to your site.
13. Operators MUST observe safe driving practices. Avoid excessive speed and unsafe maneuvers. (Speed limit on campground property 5 MPH.)
14. CARTS ARE INTENDED TO BE USED FOR GENERAL TRANSPORTATION IN THE CAMPGROUND, AND SHALL NOT BE USED FOR JOY RIDING, AGGRESSIVE DRIVING, SPEEDING, RACING OR ANY BEHAVIOR NOT CONDUCIVE FOR CAMPGROUND ENVIRONMENT. Carts are not to be used as an amusement ride used to jump speed bumps and go off road through the woods.
15. Cart operators must observe established quiet hours. Carts may not be driven during quiet hours (11 PM through 8 AM) with the exception of campground employees and security.
The safety, security, and overall experience of all our guests is paramount. Cart owners must adhere to these rules.
We have ZERO tolerance for anyone violating these rules – first offence, you will remove your cart from the premises.